An opening at COPOL International in North Sydney and two at Barrington Edge in Halifax headline our Jobs of the Week column today.
Barrington Edge helps entrepreneurs and innovators to launch new businesses, enter new markets, commercialize breakthrough ideas, or simply think “bigger” about future opportunities. It is looking for a Senior Business Analyst and a Senior Solutions Architect.
Copol International, which manufactures cast polypropylene films for the flexible packaging industry, is in need of an IT Analyst.
The Job of the Week column features openings posted on the Entrevestor Job Board, which focuses on jobs in technology, innovation and startups in Atlantic Canada. The Entrevestor Job Board helps match job openings and candidates in the tech and startup communities and is operated by Entrevestor and Alongside.
The following are excerpts from this week’s postings:
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Business Analyst to join our team. You will be the “trusted business advisor” to our clients and will help guide and shape the solutions that they are bringing to market.
As a key member of the team, the Senior Business Analyst will be able to apprehend full project details from clients, understand key requirements with a solid understanding of the dependencies and processes involved as well as being able to manage a distributed team. The ideal candidate should have an industrial engineering background and be well-conversant with the Agile/ Scrum method of software project delivery.
In this role you will draw on the skills and resources of Barrington Edge, our sister company Barrington Consulting and our eco-system partners to help design and co-create robust and highly innovative solutions meeting our client’s business requirements. You will coordinate and manage complex teams, and mentor junior level resources, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and manage tight deadlines. Your enthusiasm, expertise, creativity, and insights will be key to inspiring an upbeat and fun workplace.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners and/or end users to elicit, analyze and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Deliver Business Analyst artifacts including requirements documents, process flows, data flow diagrams, source-to-target mappings and other documents based on the needs of the project.
- Conduct data analysis to validate business processes and guide requirements.
- Identify and address conflicting requirements and/or gaps between customers' needs and technology capabilities.
- Work with the client team in the development of product roadmaps and delivery strategies
- Collaborate with developers, architects, and QA to ensure a common understanding of the requirements
- Understand user experience research & analytics to ensure that your product solutions satisfy user needs.
- Work using the Agile/ Scrum project methods and help facilitate rapid iterations during the project phases; assist the Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Communicate and monitor weekly / monthly analytics metrics, provide regular updates on project status, including raising risks, issues, and impediments in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities for new features and content
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders – both business and technology; be the trusted advisor . . .
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Leader to join our team. You will be part of our Senior Leadership Team, will have a direct impact on the management and operations of the company, will be the “trusted technical advisor” to our clients and will guide and mentor our technical teams.
As a key member of the team, the Senior Solutions Architect will provide advice and technical leadership in the development and delivery of comprehensive technical solutions and supporting infrastructure required in a combination of business units and technical domains. The position will work closely with clients’ IT and Business Leadership Team to evaluate business goals, provide assessments, set technical directions, conceive technical architecture artifacts, design/ develop proposals and provide consulting to other IT areas.
In this role you will draw on the skills and resources of Barrington Edge, our sister company Barrington Consulting and our eco-system partners to help design and co-create robust and highly innovative solutions meeting our client’s business requirements. You will coordinate and manage complex teams, and mentor junior level resources, prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage tight deadlines. Your enthusiasm, expertise, creativity and insights will be key to inspiring an upbeat and fun workplace.
- Create Application Solution Architecture and Solution Design in conformance with our clients’ Enterprise Architecture standards and organizational strategy to align business needs with modern technologies: On-Premises, Cloud Native and Hybrid.
- Identify and research relevant technologies, develop proofs of concept / minimal viable products, and lead clients through commercialization of this solutions.
- Work with business and development teams to recommend processes and/or system design enhancements. Provide immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate applicable recovery, and ensure resolution.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Create and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope including documentation and design artifacts.
- Identify risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capability of Barrington Edge technology organization (e.g., sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks). . . .
We are searching for an IT Analyst to join our team. This is a broad position involving various areas of IT including Software development, Database Administration & Server Administration. Other duties include Reporting, Data Analysis & Visualization, and support of all IT Systems.
In addition, successful applicant will provide guidance for various IT issues as well as purchasing and coordination with vendors.
- SQL (SQL Server and/or MySql)
- Net Programming (VB.Net and C#)
- Windows Server Administration
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Power BI
- Windows Powershell
- Exposure to Linux operating System
- Some knowledge of Industrial Automation Systems