Our Job of the Week column this week features an opening for a Senior Full Stack Developer at Dash Hudson in Halifax.
Dash Hudson is a visual marketing Software-as-a-Service company that helps its clients increase engagement on their social media. Its software, called Vision, is a one-stop spot for clients to manage, source and engage with the traffic of their photos and videos.
The Job of the Week column features openings posted on the Entrevestor Job Board, which focuses on jobs in technology, innovation and startups in Atlantic Canada. The Entrevestor Job Board helps match job openings and candidates in the tech and startup communities and is operated by Entrevestor and Alongside.
Here are excerpts from this week’s posting:
At Dash Hudson, we believe that in today's world, some of the most meaningful interactions between brands and consumers happen through photos and videos. We aim to make these interactions impactful for brands. Our visual marketing software provides brands with a one-stop solution to create, source, measure, and enhance the engagement of their photos and videos.
We work with the world's leading brands and publishers to drive visual performance across all of their marketing channels. The Senior Full Stack Developer role offers a unique opportunity to build products for the world's leading brands and publishers such as Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Hearst from our office in the heart of downtown Halifax.
In case you were wondering, here's a little bit more about our team and products:
- We're a diverse and growing team from around the world.
- We offer competitive benefits, a flexible work schedule and quarterly wellness benefits.
- We build best-in-class beautiful, functional products that our customers love.
- Our marketing platform is competing with the biggest companies in the marketing software industry.
- We have a big vision for the future of visual intelligence. We want you to be part of it.
- Our current stack includes: Vue.js, Python, Flask, Celery, Docker, MySQL, Redis, AWS (Aurora, ELB, ECS and lots more).
And here's a few interesting details about our tech:
- Over 30 million unique monthly visitors for tools we support
- Our tools are used on many very popular websites
- Hundreds of TBs of media processed
- Over 1 million images / videos added every month
- Tens of TBs of data in our databases
- Over 100 EC2 production instances
- 99.999% uptime
- Large ML compute clusters for real time feedback
- Large ElasticSearch clusters for snappy searches
- Full CI/CD pipeline, 100% containerized microservice architecture
Dash Hudson is a group of hard-working go-getters. We're energetic, lively, and fast-learning. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. The Dash Hudson office isn't your conventional office-you won't find any cubicles here. We created a space for our team to thrive in, and made sure to invest in a space that promotes both productivity and pause. We should also mention that we're very fond of furry friends at Dash Hudson, and have many honourary mascots that double as occasional coworkers.
Check out our office for yourself here.
- Design, build, test and maintain web applications and services
- Implement APIs using RESTful conventions for integrating with web and mobile applications
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize user experience on the front-end
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Write clean and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices
- Participate in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other team members
- 4+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Experience working with single page applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
- Familiar with git or other version control tools
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Problem-solving mentality
- Product-first approach to building software
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance. . . .