There are just three days left to apply for the second annual cohort of ocean-focused startups in the StartBlue accelerator, being offered in Southern California.
StartBlue is a bluetech accelerator led by Scripps Institution of Oceanography and Rady School of Management at UC San Diego. It helps teams that are developing a new business around a science and engineering solution to an ocean challenge.
StartBlue is offered at no cost to participants. The program will run from October 2022 to April 2023.
In a statement, organizers said participants will receive:
- Access to an entrepreneurship and ocean science and technology curriculum taught by experts from the San Diego region.
- Access to selected makerspace and technical facilities at UC San Diego and in the region.
- A dedicated industry mentor.
- Guided site visits to program partner facilities and local blue tech industry.
- Access to workshops, networking opportunities, and conferences like Blue Tech Week and the Ocean Visions Summit.
- Access to resources offered to members of TMA BlueTech and the National Defense Industry Association.
- Opportunity to pitch at the Triton Innovation Challenge and the startR Demo Day.
StartBlue is part of UC San Diego’s StartR accelerator program. Since 2012, StartR has graduated 198 companies, the partners said.