Our Jobs of the Week column today features several opportunities at such companies as CloudKettle in Halifax and Protocase and its 45 Drives unit in Sydney.
Halifax-based CloudKettle is a consulting company that helps business-to-business SaaS companies – almost all of them in major centres like San Francisco and Toronto -- increase their revenue. It is looking to hire a Vice-President of Operations and a Director of Strategic Project Delivery.
Established in 2001, Protocase makes custom electronic enclosures. It focuses on combining advances in software with advanced manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries. The company, which has more than 175 employees and 12,000 clients, has an opening for a software developer.
Sydney-based 45 Drives is a Protocase unit that makes data storage solutions, and has been such a success that it accounts for about half of Protocase’s revenues. It is hiring a Field Applications Specialist.
The Job of the Week column features openings posted on the Entrevestor Job Board, which focuses on jobs in technology, innovation and startups in Atlantic Canada. The Entrevestor Job Board helps match job openings and candidates in the tech and startup communities and is operated by Entrevestor and Alongside.
Here are excerpts from the postings:
CloudKettle continues to grow quickly, we over doubled our client base in 2019 and will do so again in 2020. With that growth, comes complexity and a need to better execute at operations as the organization scales.
In this new role, the Vice President, Operations will optimize CloudKettle’s execution and help ensure the organization’s 2020 and long term strategic plans are put into practice successfully.
The Vice President, Operations will assist in compiling the company’s budget, overseeing HR, leading IT infrastructure, security, regulatory, compliance and facilities. They will have a clear understanding of CloudKettle’s values and culture and how to leverage them as part of the strategic plan to long term business success.
As Vice President, Operations you will:
- Drive the company’s operations, including scaling existing physical space and capacity in other markets.
- Oversight of facilities and associated budget lines and resource allocation.
- Oversight of Finance, including leading the annual budgeting process, as well as CloudKettle’s relationships with Accounting and Banking partners.
- Monitor receivables, cash flow, accounting, and bank processes.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports.
- Provide strategic oversight of HR efforts, including recruitment and retention.
- Ensure CloudKettle’s compliance with labour, tax and other laws in markets we service.
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
- Oversee CloudKettle’s security and compliance strategy, including the Security Committee and achievement/compliance with standards like HIPAA and SOC2.
- Spearhead strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies. . . .
Help some of the largest enterprises in Canada and the United States get more value out of the Salesforce and Google ecosystems. In this role, you will help ensure CloudKettle’s top strategic accounts receive a seamless experience, across domains.
This position is well suited for a hands-on project manager with a significant amount of experience working with clients at large enterprises. It is a high-touch role that includes significant time with both clients and CloudKettle leadership.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
As the Director, Strategic Project Delivery you will:
- Work with the CloudKettle executive team to formalize the communications and project management processes for strategic accounts and ensure those processes are followed
- Lead the establishment of policies that all CloudKettle staff adhere to so all customers receive a high-level quality of services
- Plan, organize and help execute on client and internal projects, which may include:
- Creating documents such as project plans, schedules, and meeting agendas and minutes for clients and internal teams
- Ensuring the successful, timely and professional completion of deliverables, including the breakdown and delegation of action items to a project team
- Spotting and communicating to leadership when project creep is occurring and when Change Requests are required
- Communicating with clients and team members, including regular status updates (written & verbal)
- Ensuring documentation on all projects is up to date and accurate
- Facilitating project debriefs and ensuring that all learnings and proposed innovation are incorporated into future processes
- Overseeing proposal creation; assigning roles & responsibilities and ensuring satisfactory completion and delivery
- Acting as a driver for the creation, management, and presentation of actionable business requirements for clients needs
- Identifying client project issues/risks and presenting alternatives to alleviate or resolve them
- Overseeing and identifying the resource impacts and interdependencies between projects and working with the client delivery teams, ensuring initiatives meet the goals and objectives of the executive leadership team . . .
Protocase is currently seeking a tenacious, organized Software Developer to join its Research & Development team in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who’s driven by the underlying goal of making software that the end user actually wants to use. Protocase’s Research & Development (R&D) is a busy department within the company, serving many different internal teams with software development and project engineering on a variety of systems and programs.
We are a unique ultra-lean manufacturer that provides the upper echelon of scientists and engineers all over the world with rapid custom manufacturing in 2-3 days. Our team of developers is tasked with continually improving and maintaining internal and external software that are crucial to our ongoing productivity, efficiency and growth. Protocase is proud to offer its customers Protocase Designer, free enclosure-design software that makes it as easy as possible to design, price and order custom enclosures, parts and panels.
In addition to Protocase Designer, our talented team of developers maintains several pieces of business software in Java (along with some work on application add-ons in C#) that are essential to Protocase’s day-to-day operations and ongoing growth.
You are tenacious when it comes to goals and completing projects. You love writing software, and you love seeing what you create come to life, function, and make users’ lives better. You understand with deep clarity that if the end user isn’t actually using the software, then your work isn’t done.
Your duties will include:
• Developing new features and improving current features for our CAD software or internal business software
• Working with internal stakeholders to solve complex problems
• Ensuring our software applications are highly testable, maintainable, and scalable In order to succeed in this role, you must be a lifelong learner who cares deeply enough about your professional excellence and pushes yourself to learn things.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be a lifelong learner who cares deeply enough about your professional excellence and pushes yourself to learn things. . .
At 45 Drives, we provide open storage systems with enterprise-grade quality and performance, but with an affordable price tag. Solutions can range from stock designs to highly customized units, and we pride ourselves on offering superior technical services from initial conversation through to the life the solution; to ensure that 100 per cent of our customers achieve their storage goals.
Our customers range from small start-up companies to industry leaders looking for a nonproprietary solution. With that in mind, our customers’ level of technical expertise varies – so we are always prepared to help with their questions and challenges.
We are seeking a full-time employee to work in our 45 Drives Field Applications & Service Team.
You will be responsible for the Design, Commissioning, Maintenance and Servicing of our Systems for some of the largest technical organizations out there, such as Boeing, Intel, and Amazon.
Your duties will include:
• Participating in pre-sale consultations between 45 Drives account managers and customers, designing and customizing the ideal storage solution for particular customer needs.
• Developing application based test environments in order to determine the right solution for existing and new storage infrastructure for our vast customer base.
• Providing customer service and technical advice to new and existing customers of varying degrees of technical skill, post-sale. This includes commissioning and maintenance of their storage solution.
• Providing feedback to Research and Development team regarding improvement to application design.
Above all else, we are looking for someone who enjoys taking initiative in order to help people and solve complex problems within a busy environment, where no two days are alike! . . .