Researchers are invited to apply for Lab2Market-NSERC, Canada’s first national research commercialization program.
Lab2Market, a program developed by several universities to commercialize research, has partnered with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, or NSERC, a federal organization that funds researchers, especially those working with industry. The two groups are offering a cohort for researchers across Canada who want to know if there is a market for a product based on their research.
Delivered by Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson), Dalhousie, Memorial, and the University of Manitoba, the four-month research commercialization program offers:
- Curriculum (lectures, talks and workshops) designed to introduce researchers to the world of entrepreneurship.
- An advisor network (founders, industry leaders and service providers) to help researchers through their business venture.
- A community of like-minded entrepreneurs.
- $15,000 in funding to support researchers in getting their idea off the ground.
- The opportunity for future funding through the NSERC I2I Phase I grant.
The program is an extension of NSERC's Idea to Innovation (I2I) Market Assessment Grant.
Interested parties are invited to attend an information session to learn more: Register here.