With less than a month to go until we host Entrevestor Live, we’re pleased to unveil the program for the virtual conference taking place on Oct. 6.
We still have a few slots to fill in terms of speakers and moderators, but we can unveil the program, which includes deep examinations of three of the region’s most successful innovation companies – CarbonCure Technologies, Introhive and META.
Canada’s East Coast is known for producing high-potential startups, but the truth is that many companies have already scaled impressively, disrupting markets, and rewarding investors. Entrevestor Live – the Founding Partner of which is BDC Capital – is a celebration of these companies, and an examination of the ecosystem than produced them.
The program will be led by Chair Nicole Leblanc, partner at 2150 and former VC exec with Sidewalk Labs and BDC Capital. Here is the rough schedule (All times are Atlantic Standard):
- 1 pm – Welcome and introductory remarks, led by Nicole LeBlanc.
- 1:06 pm -- Overview of the Atlantic Canada Startup Community – This session will set the stage for the conference, with contributions from Verafin Co-Founder Brendan Brothers, UNB TME Chair Dhirendra Shukla and others.
- 1:27 pm – Spotlight on META – Metamaterial Inc. Co-Founder and CEO George Palikaras and a key investor will chart the company’s path to its listing on NASDAQ, where it debuted this year with a US$2 billion-plus market cap.
- 1:58 pm – Opportunities in Oceantech – Atlantic Canada has quickly become one of the world’s strongest ecosystems for ocean technology. Canada’s Ocean Supercluster CEO Kendra MacDonald, Innovacorp CEO Malcolm Fraser and CDL Atlantic head Jeff Larsen will discuss the sector.
- 2:29 pm – Focus on Life Sciences – Investment has soared in this sector in recent years, especially in publicly listed companies. BioNova’s Scott Moffitt and Bounce Health’s Chandra Kavanagh will join biotech founders to discuss the sector.
- 2:50 pm – Spotlight on Introhive – The sales software company turned some heads in June when it closed a US$100 million funding round – the largest in New Brunswick history. Co-Founder and CEO Jody Glidden and an investor will detail the company’s growth.
- 3:21 pm – Atlantic Canadian Valuations – We’re super excited about this session, which will examine how valuations in Atlantic Canada stack up against those in other places. Moderator Cathy Bennett of Sandpiper Ventures dives into the issue with Rob Barbara of Build Ventures, Patrick Hankinson of Concrete Ventures and Michelle Scarborough of BDC Capital.
- 3:42 pm – Spotlight on CarbonCure – This global leader in green building materials has won an XPRIZE and been feted by Bill Gates on 60 Minutes. Now you can hear CEO Robert Niven and long-time investor Tony Van Bommel of BDC Capital tell the company’s story.
In planning Entrevestor Live, we’ve aimed to give you the biggest bang possible for your buck. Requiring no travel, the program is less than 200 minutes, and the early-bird ticket price is an attractive $50+HST. You can buy tickets and find more information here.