Our Job of the Week column today features a pair of openings at Halifax-based Rimot, which is looking for a Chief Operating Officer and an AI Data Developer.
Rimot helps companies or organizations to monitor their private wireless communications systems in remote locations. Its RimotRF solution constantly collects information about the transmitter and site, combining it with weather data to give a complete picture of what is happening in the field.
The company raised $1.2 million in funding last summer.
The Job of the Week column features openings posted on the Entrevestor Job Board, which focuses on jobs in technology, innovation and startups in Atlantic Canada. The Entrevestor Job Board helps match job openings and candidates in the tech and startup communities and is operated by Entrevestor and Alongside.
Here are excerpts from the postings:
The Chief Operating Officer will enable the operation of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. The COO focuses on how best to run the company, think about strategy, and sustainably move the company forward.
Based out of our office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), as a key member of the senior management team that also includes Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and part-time Chief Financial Officer. The role oversees diverse business operations requiring the skills of an experienced and efficient leader ideally in technology-driven companies. Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics enable the drive to build great companies.
· Run the business planning process and regular progress reporting
· Help define and deepen the positive company culture and vision
· Empower the recruiting, development and retention of great talent
· Oversee HR policies, benefits, and stock option plans
· Assist CEO in fundraising ventures for new equity and non-dilutive investment
· Develop and continuously improve corporate processes and business systems
· Identify and report on key performance indicators for each area of the business
· Help the team to win major deals and customers
· Manage capital and expenses to ensure we meet targets for growth and profitability
· Manage partners and vendors, including as a relationship prime for many
· Build and maintain trusted relationships with key customers, partners, and other stakeholders
· Supports governance and reporting activities for Board and investors . . .
Based out of our office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, you will Identify and refine project requirements to solve AI challenges. You will use cognitive and ML-based techniques to predict scenarios and prescribe actions. You will work alongside our back-end development team. You will collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive methods to enhance the user experience.
Signs you have what it takes
· Problem solver - You are not afraid of challenging problems and attack them tenaciously with a structured and analytical approach. A lack of documentation, or incorrect documentation does not scare you, and you are able to fight through the challenge.
· Positive attitude - What others see as a risk or threat, you see as opportunity. You create change in creating solutions for constant improvement across the architecture.
· Team Player - You value being part of a great team and realize that being positive and helpful is as valuable as having great skill. You are eager to communicate clearly and confidently about innovative recommendations to improve function across the architecture.
If you had all of the following skills, you would be a rock star on our team
· Experience in back-end development with service-oriented design and development
· Experience with deep learning models. Optimize/ customize/ refine them
· Experience with MEAN stack especially with NodeJS, REST API, and SQL and Mongo experience
· Experience developing and consuming web services and using cloud services (AWS) . . .