Our Jobs of the Week column today showcases an opening for the CEO of Charlottetown’s Startup Zone and a Content Marketing Manager at Foundation Marketing in Halifax.
Foundation is a content marketing agency that collaborates with ambitious B2B brands looking to create and distribute content that inspires action. The agency says it believes that content has the ability to shape culture inside and outside an organization, but it’s often forgotten about after brands press publish.
Started in 2016, the Startup Zone is an entrepreneurship hub that has grown to be a destination for people starting or growing businesses. The Startup Zone connects entrepreneurs with the space, resources, and supports they need to grow.
The Job of the Week column features openings posted on the Entrevestor Job Board, which focuses on jobs in technology, innovation and startups in Atlantic Canada. The Entrevestor Job Board helps match job openings and candidates in the tech and startup communities and is operated by Entrevestor and Alongside.
Here are excerpts from this week’s posting:
The CEO of the Startup Zone is integral to the development and management of PEI's business incubator. The CEO will continue to develop the programming and financial management of the organization. They are expected to work a standard work week at the Startup Zone during office hours, but there will be some night and weekend work to assist the Startup Zone programming and hosting of events. The CEO will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and standards set out by the Startup Zone Employee Handbook, and will report to the Board of Directors.
Compensation: $65,000 - $85,000 salary range based on experience. Cell phone covered, parking, and RRSP and health benefits. Vacation to be negotiated.
General Management & Operations of the Centre
- Develop a plan to meet the objectives of the strategic plan
- Work with the Board to develop and grow the incubator
- Day-to-day activities, programs, initiatives and people in a dynamic environment
- Developing relations with startups to ensure their needs are addressed
- Oversee hiring, management and development of staff
Program Development & Community Events
- Develop initiatives within the centre to aid in the development of early-stage entrepreneurs and startups
- Partner with entrepreneur related organization
- Organize and develop new programs and events
- Proactively identify and build relationships and partnerships
- Develop sponsorship opportunities
- Marketing and promotion of the business incubator and resident companies
Financial Management & Fundraising
- Manage finances for the Incubator
- Develop funding proposals and reports for government and private sponsors
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement delivering on the strategic plan. . . .
Do you naturally see how different forms of content come together to tell a story?
Can you imagine all the ways one piece of content can transform into another?
If so, you might fit right in with the team at Foundation.
Foundation is a digital content marketing agency with a focus on planning, creating, and distributing content for B2B brands. We work with software companies that are redefining business in their industry along with ambitious B2B brands growing faster than ever. Our team operates 100% remotely and we're obsessed with growth. We're looking for an ambitious marketer who is looking to learn about content, SaaS, marketing, and growth.
We run a lean B2B content-driven machine. We own and manage multiple brands. We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we're just getting started.
You will be managing a wide range of content deliverables including creating content briefs for blog posts, white papers, webinars, videos, paid assets and more!
You will oversee the execution of content strategies to ensure content is created, distributed and optimized on a monthly basis. Actually sometimes, you might create content yourself!
You will be responsible for managing the execution of content strategies ensuring the research needed is collected and utilized as well as briefing / overseeing the work of various content creators. You will understand the account KPI's and recommend monthly content creation and distribution tactics that will allow KPI's to be met.
- Direct, oversee, and create content (blog posts, white papers, guides, scripts, interviews, sales content) to achieve B2B SaaS client business goals
- Manage client expectations and communication recommendations to clients
- Understand the targeted audience better than anyone
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborate with creation and distribution teams to execute the strategy
- Lead ongoing content recommendation and contribute to content creation where needed
- Oversee content to ensure it's meeting objectives and of a consistent brand tone
- Recommend monthly optimizations and bring new ideas forward based on data
- Write content briefs and brief internal / external writers
- Write landing page, ad and blog post content (if needed)
- Reporting on monthly results of all content / distribution tactics . . .