The two postings in our Jobs of the Week Column today both come out of New Brunswick from widely recognized organizations. One in Fredericton is with the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation, the other is in Saint John with the Canadian Automobile Association’s Atlantic division, CAA Atlantic.
The NBIF is an independent nonprofit that fosters innovation and research in the region. Since 2003, the organization has invested over $85 million into innovative New Brunswick companies. Last week it announced the province's commitment to invest $53.5 million into New Brunswick innovation. Today, it is seeking a Marketing Administrative Assistant.
CAA Atlantic, which serves 236,000 customers across the region, is looking to hire a Director of Innovation to report directly to the President and CEO of the division and help lead new opportunities to keep CAA Atlantic relevant in a changing world. CAA provides Canadians with a range of auto services, like roadside assistance.
The Jobs of the Week column features openings posted on the Entrevestor Job Board, which focuses on jobs in technology, innovation and startups in Atlantic Canada. The Entrevestor Job Board helps match job openings and candidates in the tech and startup communities and is operated by Entrevestor and Alongside.
Here are excerpts from the postings.
New Brunswick Innovation Foundation
We are looking for a Marketing & Administrative Assistant to join our organization. You will play an integral role in fulfilling the mandate of NBIF by ensuring exceptional customer service delivery and actively supporting our marketing and communications activities.
- Support the management team in the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Serve full cycle reception functions and operate as first point of contact for guests including the answering/filtering of all incoming inquiries
- Represent the firm professionally in written and verbal communications
- Assist in the content creation and management relating to the corporate website and marketing materials, including social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and other marketing automation tools (e.g. MailChimp, Hootsuite, Survey Monkey)
- Assist with promotional activities
Apply for the job here.
In this newly-created role, you will be the thought leader who will research, validate, and introduce multiple new innovative solutions to CAA Atlantic.
As Director of Innovation, you will provide insight and lead strategic opportunities to ensure that CAA Atlantic continues to remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. Your work will allow the organization to provide value to its current, as well as, future members and customers, with an innovation mindset at the core of all offerings…
- Maintaining an idea management platform that facilitates the submission, evaluation, and development of a pipeline of innovative new idea submissions from various organizational sources.
- Initiating and facilitating periodic ideation/brainstorming sessions for ongoing concepts development to fill CAA Atlantic’s funnel of product innovation opportunities.
- Leveraging existing, as well as, emerging product development methodologies and frameworks (e.g. Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Six Sigma) to ensure CAA Atlantic’s innovation model is optimized for best-possible performance organizationally.
- Finally, you will act as the champion for an Innovation mindset. Collaborating with a diverse group of internal stakeholders, your leadership will be key to evolving our culture to ensure CAA Atlantic is a place where innovation is identified and embraced as essential for the continued long-term success of our business.
Apply for the job here.