Volta Labs in Halifax has accepted eight new tech companies into its residency program. The companies, which range from an e-sports blockchain solution to a cash flow management software will have access to over $50,000 in business-development resources made available to Volta Residents.
With the official welcome of these companies, Volta is now home to 32 technology startups.
The new companies are:
- 6Joes: A fantasy draft game for amateur golfers that can be played as a stand-alone game or in tandem with any pre-organized event.
- Simptek: Originally from Fredericton, NB, Simptek is developing a smart data platform that manages a building’s energy usage and identifies opportunities for cost savings and the best return on investment for capital projects.
- Ubique Networks. This startup uses blockchain technology in a “lag-sensing” platform for the world of e-sports and online gaming. The company showcased its platform at the Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo, Canada’s largest gaming expo in March, and already has offices in Sydney and Toronto.
- iLokol: This company is helping Chinese newcomers shop locally online and helping them adapt to life in Halifax through a platform that connects local businesses to the city's new residents.
- Tranquility Online: has created an online platform that makes getting help for anxiety easy, affordable and convenient.
- CacheFlow: is a behavioural cash flow management software for financial professionals.
- Quantum Link: This company is building vLife, a platform that will connect socially conscious shoppers with local providers to help support and grow local economies.
- Crisis Text Line: Free 24/7 confidential support for people in crisis. Every texter is a volunteer trained to help people in a crisis situation.
"As someone who has been a Volta Network Member for quite some time, I have seen firsthand how supportive the community is and I’m incredibly proud that Tranquility Online is now a Resident,” said Joel Muise, the Co-founder and CEO of Tranquility Online in a statement. “The access to resources and guidance provided by experienced mentors will help us grow our business and expand to new markets,” he added.