The Awards recognize the local leaders and supporters who are helping to grow the startup ecosystem in Atlantic Canada.
“We all have a role to play in creating a more innovative and prosperous future for Atlantic Canada,” said Jesse Rodgers, CEO of Volta. “The Ecosystem Impact Awards are our way of celebrating the individuals and organizations that are contributing to this goal in a meaningful way, and serve as a source of inspiration for those who want to drive growth in the region.”
This year, there are five Ecosystem Impact Awards:
- The Catalyst Award, for an organization that has helped cohesion and growth in the Atlantic Canadian startup ecosystem. Either by directly supporting growth, facilitating relationship building, or reducing barriers for startups.
- The Positive Impact Award, for an entrepreneur or company who has developed and implemented a solution for an important social issue, benefiting the community-at-large.
- The Community Leader Award, for a company that has directly impacted the growth and development of the entrepreneurial landscape in Atlantic Canada by its dedication to the startup community, donation of time, mentorship, and other acts of community leadership.
- The Corporate Supporter, for a corporate partner supporting the tech startup community in Atlantic Canada by donating time and resources, as well as training and mentorship.
- The Disruptor Award, for an up-and-coming business in Atlantic Canada that has successfully disrupted current market patterns or innovated disruptive technological answers.
“The innovation industry is critical to the future economic strength of our region,” said Chris Ronald, RBC Regional President, Atlantic Provinces. “RBC is excited be part of the inaugural Ecosystem Impact Awards and we look forward to celebrating the people and businesses who are creating an impact locally and globally.”
The Ecosystem Impact Awards will be held on June 6, beginning at 5:30pm, in the Volta Event Space.
Nominations are open until Wednesday, May 15, at 11:59 pm. You can find the forms here.